377 Acres of Freedom – Excellent Hunting
Two sections of land along the Pittsylvania / Halifax County border, just south of the Staunton River. These two pieces of land are being combined into an absolute DEAL. The land is gorgeous with excellent hunting and recreational opportunities. Good road frontage, so access isn’t an issue. Excellent deer and turkey habitat in these areas and the properties are filled with both.
Originally “Pittsylvania” was a name suggested for an unrealized British colony to be located primarily in what is now West Virginia. Pittsylvania County would not have been within this proposed colony, subsequently known as Vandalia.
The county was formed in 1767 from Halifax County. It was named for William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham, who served as Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1766 to 1768 and opposed harsh colonial policies.
In 1777 the western part of Pittsylvania County became Patrick Henry County.
The city of Danville’s history up through the antebellum period overall is an expression of the relationship between the town and the planters who influenced its development. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsylvania_County,_Virginia )